Are you feeling sluggish and just feel you need an additional boost? Do you want to feel like you are a kid again with endless energy and vitality? As we age, our bodies certainly change and paying attention to how you feel is key to staying healthy in the long run.
Multivitamins can be a great way to boost energy and make you feel vibrant again. So why are multivitamins important? Your body needs optimal vitamins and minerals in order to function at peak performance.
It is recommended that you try to get as many of these vitamins and minerals in the food you eat, but, unfortunately there are a few problems with this thinking.
1. Depleted soils – our foods today contain and estimated 5 times less nutrients than foods our grandparents ate.
2. Pesticides/Herbicides – today much of our food supply is sprayed with chemicals which our bodies have no idea how to process.
3. GMO’s – more and more of our food supply are made of genetically modified foods which can cause a host of health issues.
So how can you achieve optimal health with these obstacles? One way is by choosing to eat only certified organic foods. This includes fruits, vegetables, meats, poultry and even wild caught fish. It is also a good idea to find a good multivitamin that will fill the gaps you are not getting in your food supply.
What should you look for in a multivitamin?
It can be confusing as to which products are best to take, but let’s look at some basic information that will help you make a better choice.
Make sure your multivitamin has the following:
1. Contains as many whole foods as possible.
2. Contains Albion chelated minerals for maximum absorption.
3. Contains therapeutic dosing of vitamins and minerals.
4. Is in a capsule or liquid form.
5. 100% all natural and non-synthetic.
Designs for Health, one of our preferred supplements, offers several high-quality, pharmaceutical-grade multivitamin options. Metabolic synergy is a great multiple vitamin which also helps to stabilize blood sugar levels. The DFH Multi has options to include or exclude iron and copper. All of these vitamins are therapeutic dosing and have everything listed above.