We get a lot of patients asking what the difference is between Botox, Filler, and natural remedies in terms of safety, usage, and effectiveness for results that they’re after. So, we sat down with Dr. Quinn to answer all of your questions!
Is Botox the same as Filler?
No, Botox is not a facial filler. There are two main types of injectable treatments that we use today. This includes Neurotoxins, Dysport Xeomin and Jeuveau. Facial Fillers are Juvaderm, Restlyane, and Versa.
What is the difference between Botox and Filler?
Neurotoxins like Botox are used to weaken the muscles that create wrinkles while Fillers are used for filling in lines and wrinkles or “plumping up” desired areas. Filler is all about support, and as we get older, we lose volume throughout our face. Filler can help restore this loss non-surgically.
What is Botox most commonly used for?
Botox is used to treat wrinkles such as deep lines between the brow and forehead, as well as crow's feet which gather near the sides of your eyes. Botox can also be used for lips as a “Lip Flip” or gummy smiles and even the neck.
Most common treatments for Botox:
1. Migraines: Aids in the frequency and severity of migraine pain.
2. Frown lines: Smooths lines caused by frequent frowning.
3. Crows feet: Helps reduce lines that gather around the outer corner of the eye.
4. Under Eye lines: Helps reduce small lines under the eyes.
5. Bunny lines: Helps smooth horizontal lines along the nose.
6. Bruxism: Helps prevent teeth grinding.
7. Pitted skin: Helps reduce the appearance of a dimpled chin.
8. Neck: Helps reduce the appearance of neck rings.
9. Forehead: Helps reduce the appearance of forehead lines.
10. Eyebrows: Relaxes the surrounding muscles that pull the brow line down, giving the appearance in an eyebrow lift.
11. Gummy smile: Relaxes the top lift to reduce the common gummy smile.
12. Lips: Helps smooth lines around both the upper and lower lip.
13. Marionette lines and pre-jowl: Helps turn the corners of your mouth upward to improve pre-jowl lines.
14. Glabellar: Helps smooth the deep vertical lines between your eyebrows.
15. Platysmal bands: Helps tighten the neck and decrease banding.
Most common treatments for Filler:
1. Temple: adds volume to “hollowed out” temples.
2. Cheeks: adds volume to the cheeks.
3. Tear troughs: Lessens the deepness under eyes.
4. Nose: Can help correct nose shape.
5. Nasolabial folds: Helps to soften smile expression lines
6. Marionette lines: Helps smooth marionette lines around the mouth and chin
7. Chin: Adds volume to chins and helps softens dimples
Does it hurt?
Numbing cream is applied to the skin prior to both Botox and Filler injections while Filler also consists of lidocaine for added comfort.
Is Botox and Filler only for women?
No, both men and women can undergo Botox and Filler treatment.
Is there an alternative to Botox and Filler that is more natural?
PRP and PRF are the best for those seeking a natural treatment. Made out of your own plasma, PRP and PRF are reinjected into areas of concern to create natural collagen and give you desired results over time.
To learn more about our treatments, visit laquinnmd.com/services or call our office at 904-595-5980 to book a consultation.